My Wooden Airplane
Skip Navigation Links.

4/4/2016 - 4/25/2016


Once the motor mount was installed, I could install the engine and reconnect all its systems. Just to make sure everything worked, I started it up again. It turns out I needed a new battery, and something might be wrong with cylinder #1. CHT was 50 degrees less than #3, and it was running rougher than I remember it. This will require further investigation.

Update: When I checked the compression, I wasn't getting any compression in cylinder #1, and very little in cylinder #3. I removed the cylinder heads and took them to a local machine shop. They said that the heads were warped, but they could fix them. "Should only take a couple of weeks," they said. How wrong they were! Here's a link to the rest of the story.

Total Time: 41.25 hrs.