My Wooden Airplane
Skip Navigation Links.

7/9/2016 - 7/10/2016

Elevator Control Stop

I'm still waiting for the the cylinder heads to come back from the machine shop, so I decided to attack the elevator control stops. Earlier, I changed the holes in the bellcrank that the elevator cables and pushrod tube are attached to. This made the elevator easier to move with the stick, but reduced the total amount of elevator travel. The previous stops were set at +/- 30 degrees, which was technically more than the plans specified. Since the elevator no longer reached those stops with the new settings, I needed slightly longer stops. Now the elevator stops at 28 degrees up and 25 degrees down, as per the plans.

Total Time: 9.0 hrs.